Monday, January 6, 2014

Superstitions


Don’t introduce yourself
Look interested, yes
But then look
The other way
Because a name is all I need
To get to started
Erect scaffolding
Add flourish
And heaven knows
The more adorned this made up world
The more stone-cold fact
Its destiny
To remain
Eternally
Fantasy

Also should happiness happen
To occur in my presence
Please pay it no mind
You dreamed it I’m sure
And like a dream
Caught off guard
By the rudeness of dawn
The violence of an alarm
It’s delicate to touch
Best noted
If noted at all
Only
Peripherally

And for Christ’s sake
Just don’t call anything
What it is
So that it isn’t
Isn’t
Don’t make any sudden movements
Don’t tell me about your good feeling
Because I’m holding my breath through this tunnel
I’m hording disappointments like tokens
And if I make the same wish
And then hide it away
If I believe in these superstitions
Wholehearted and more than reality
More than me
A bargain
A good trick
You’ll see
Eventually

No comments:

Post a Comment