Wednesday, January 1, 2014

17

His eyes were blue, gray, green,
pretty like a girl's
He didn't know where to put his elbows when he walked
Played slap bass
And he put it in without asking first
Pulled out and politely came in his t-shirt.

He could make a turtle cheesecake
Chocolate shaped like a pumpkin;
whatever
In the shower, on the stairs, on the beach,
He was ready to call it

What else
He drove a restored red 1964 Ford Mustang convertible
Had a Great Dane with a heart problem
Was not embarrassed when I bled
And he believed me - he believed me!
When I said I didn't like getting head.

2 comments:

  1. hi juniper. nice to meet you. that first stanza got me. I love that it sounds like a list, things that just exist together without explanation and unapologetically. like, here he is. and that's it. thanks for sharing this.. also- i hope you don't mind, but i your name was in my head when i wrote today and made its way into my poem. thanks for that too.

    ReplyDelete