Friday, January 3, 2014

To Philippe

I am seated
I am seated on the 6
I am seated on the 6 and going nowhere.
Well, going somewhere- but nowhere at the moment since we're stopped.
A delay, staticy announcement claims, There has been a delay.

Delay of gratification and transmogrification
Delaying the moment I slink through parted rubber lips of the subway doors
And out the metal merry-go-round turnstile
Climb out of the damp dark tunnel into night light.
Unfurl my shoulderblade wings and take to the high rise roofs.
Dirty dingy claws that slice through glass wall panels and
Open up sky scrapers until the papers, files, folders flee out into the clouds to safety.

And they float there, suspended in the air like the way one man
Existed between two towers in 1974.
Towers that no longer exist there themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment