Friday, January 3, 2014

A Gypsy Dream


Forwards and backwards.
Stop and go.
A daily routine.
A treadmill life I hate to know.
"When did I step off the uncharted path?"
 I wanted to know.

I had visions of dancing to an arrhythmic beat under the desert sunset,
Tan skin, sweat-soaked clothes, and a few dollars in my pocket.
Complete wanderlust. 

I awake to a crashing applause.
It's an unwelcome unison of clapping hands-
Right on cue.
Inside an air conditioned theater,
Wearing freshly pressed clothes and a credit card in my purse,
I find myself startled in this orchestra seat.
I search the stage and long for the aria to skip and leap with my soul,
Or for fire dancers to roam the aisles, spinning combustibles with their hearts' passionate heat.
Because I know I belong on a winding path,
Outside,
Under the desert's setting sun,
With sun kissed skin,
And sweaty clothes,
With just a few dollars in my pocket,
Living a gypsy dream,
All while smiling,
And dancing alone, with others, to an arrhythmic beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment